1/11/11

Dave Grohl - godlike and genius or an idiot?

Godlike and genius, if you ask NME. Grohl will pick up the honour in NME's award ceremony later this spring but seems to have somewhat mixed feelings about it since he considers himself rather an idiot most of the time:



Although I agree Grohl's an excellent musician I have a sneaking suspicion that NME was going to give the award to Lemmy Kilmister but some teen-aged trainee of theirs e-mailed Grohl's management by mistake. After all, both seem to share the same taste when it comes to facial hair which could be a bit misleading. See what I mean?

Photo by Wes Orshonski
















I'm happy for Dave anyway and since he seems to be a cheeky monkey I'm sure he'll use every opportunity he gets to make fun of it.

Luckily Grohl's got loads of more interesting things coming to his way in 2011 than the NME Award. For instance, he will appear in the new Muppets movie which I find way more wicked than the NME Award. Naturally, Grohl will be filling in for Animal, who's forced to undergo anger management counseling.















But most importantly, there will be a new Foo Fighters record. Not much has been reported of it yet but as they say, good things come to those who wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment